Talk

Advanced search

Fajitas - slow cooker query

(7 Posts)
justanothertenminutes Wed 16-Sep-09 16:04:44

Im just wondering if it is possible to cook the filling for Fajitas in the slow cooker - does there need to be any liquid? Or can i just chuck in chicken/beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms etc?

justanothertenminutes Thu 17-Sep-09 10:58:49

Anyone?

AvadaKedavra Thu 17-Sep-09 11:24:18

Yes you don't need to have any liquid if you don't want to - I cook a whole joint of meat on it's own and that doesn't need water..
I do fajitas but I make a wet fajita mix anyway by adding some tinned tomatoes or passata.

AvadaKedavra Thu 17-Sep-09 11:25:06

forgot to add that the veggies and meat will give out a little liquid while cooking which is more than enough to stop the crock from cracking which I have read it can do

alypaly Thu 17-Sep-09 11:30:21

why do you need a slow cooker,it takes 10 mins max in the frying pan.

Olive oil,chopped onions,green/red peppers,marinated slices of meat(chicken,beef or pork)fry til meat is cooked. add half a tin of chopped tomatoes..small amount of fresh or dried chillies to taste. Place in fajita..add a few slices of smoked cheese...roll up and micro for 1 minute...absolutely delicious

justanothertenminutes Thu 17-Sep-09 17:44:30

Thanks Avada, still trying to get used to using the slow cooker. I know it doesnt take long but i was thinking it might be handy for the days i work, i pick up ds on the way home and whilst im trying to cook he just hangs on my legs screaming, so anything to say time is good! Seems to be a new phase he is going through, even if i try to sit him down with some fruit he just cries...

justanothertenminutes Thu 17-Sep-09 17:45:02

Sorry, thanks alypaly too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now