Talk

Advanced search

What shall I do with these grapes...?!

(3 Posts)
misspollysdolly Tue 15-Sep-09 20:40:07

Have just had a fruit box delivered from an organic box company. I'm a bit frustrated to find that the lovely looking black grapes they have sent me are full of seeds. Don't really want to have to trawl through them taking out all the seeds everytime the kids want to eat them and yet I know they will not get on very well with them in their lunchboxes. I there something creative I can do with them...?

onepieceoflollipop Tue 15-Sep-09 20:51:12

I would be tempted to wash them all in one go, then sit in front of the tv with a knife and a couple of bowls - one for the pips and one for the de-seeded grapes. Cut in half, scoop out the pips, then put in little pots for the dcs. I tend to this with a lot of fruits (i.e. chop up and put in little pots, e.g. kiwis. Also my dcs are far more likely to eat oranges if already peeled and in segments)

When we have our box we only occasionally get grapes and they often have seeds. Also we have the option to state preferences with our box; if you have the same option then specify no grapes to save future hassle.

meltedmarsbars Wed 16-Sep-09 09:26:43

We have spitting competitions for "pipped fruit"! grin

But only outside!

I find usually the pipped ones have a better flavour than bland seedless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now