Talk

Advanced search

Easiest way to cook a single chicken breast for use cold tomorrow?

(11 Posts)
GeorginaA Sat 04-Jun-05 15:34:51

Title says it all really. Want some cooked chicken for use in a recipe tomorrow, but usually use leftovers from a roast or spend a ridiculous amount on a piece of ready cooked chicken.

How do I cook a single skinless/boneless chicken breast? Microwave? In oven (but how long so it doesn't dry out)?

Chandra Sat 04-Jun-05 15:36:49

What's tomorrow's recipe? I think the method depends on it.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 04-Jun-05 15:37:42

wrap in foil with oil/butter and cook in the oven for about 30-40 mins.

Obviously check it's cooked.

beansontoast Sat 04-Jun-05 15:40:34

bash it flat and pan fry/grill with garlicy oil and/or herbs

beansontoast Sat 04-Jun-05 15:41:33

about ten mins!!less gas /electricity

GeorginaA Sat 04-Jun-05 15:42:32

will be making chicken couscous tomorrow if that makes a difference (so couscous, onions peas etc then some cooked chicken mixed in at the end)

pabla Sat 04-Jun-05 15:43:40

I always grill chicken breasts (cos my oven is useless). My kids like it sprinkled with paprika before grilling - or you could baste in oil. I think the main thing is to store it properly afterwards so it doesn't dry out in the fridge.

suzywong Sat 04-Jun-05 15:44:02

oven cooked in foil then deffo and use the juices in the cous cous as well

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 15:44:58

Do you want it cold in the couscous? I'd do it tomorrow while you're doing the veg for the couscous - chop the onion and fry that, then add the chopped raw chicken and cook it all.

Or is there a reason you can't do that? Am I being dense?!

GeorginaA Sat 04-Jun-05 15:48:10

hmm... I tend to have it cold ready hunker, because it's usually our "quick" lunch (i.e. minimal cooking when we're a bit rushed). But you're right, there's no reason I couldn't cook it all in really. I do tend to have it really fine chopped up so that ds2 can eat it with us without extra chopping later.

Think I will oven cook tonight and stick in the fridge, just so I feel less rushed. Thanks all

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 15:49:29

GA, that makes sense - I didn't know if there was a culinary reason it needed to be cold chicken!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: