Talk

Advanced search

Hummous recipes please

(5 Posts)
georgiemum Tue 15-Sep-09 13:12:19

I recently mads some using a recipe from a book: 1 can peas, 1 lemon, 4 tablespoons tahini and 4 garlic clover. Poor old DS was eating it saying 'mummy - it's making my tongue all tingly'. Waaaaay too much garlic and the texture was a bit cloggy too.

Has anyone a failproof yummy recipe (I am thinking Waitrose taste here)?

kitbit Tue 15-Sep-09 13:26:13

Mine is a bit rough but I do:

garlic cloves to taste, usually 2 ish
400g can chick peas
2 tabs tahini (4 would probsbly make it sticky)
juice of a lemon or more if it needs thinning a bit
a tab of olive oil to make it smooth and not like mud, add more if still a bit gooey

and if I have some already done, I'll blend in some roasted red peppers

Montifer Tue 15-Sep-09 13:33:45

Same as kitbit and I'd blend in a bit of water / more lemon juice until taste and consistency is right.
Can also add some ground cumin for more flavour.
Serve sprinkled with paprika, drizzle of olive oil and pine nuts if you like them.

I find it always tastes different to the supermarket ones but I think they probably have quite a bit of salt in.

Megglevache Tue 15-Sep-09 13:36:22

I heat up some olive oil in a frying pan after with some paprika/salt and some whole chick peas and then put the hot oil mix on the top of the cold hoormoose (as delia says) tastes yummy like that. I think you have to do a bit of trying and testing. grin Yum!

missmelly Tue 15-Sep-09 15:08:04

this recipe is delicious. You can leave out the feta and it's very nice. My mother who is not very complimentary was going "ooh this is lovely, is there any more" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now