Talk

Advanced search

Ocado on demand

(7 Posts)
schilke Tue 15-Sep-09 09:47:14

I had a free trial for ocado on demand and then signed up to the monthly membership. I am just coming to the end of my second month and was going to cancel. I noticed that it says monthly membership may be subject to a minimum term of 12 months - does anyone know if this is the case?

I assumed the monthly membership was just that - monthly - and you could cancel at the end of any month.

cat28 Tue 15-Sep-09 12:31:51

It depends what length of membership you signed up for. How much did you pay for On Demand?

My understanding is that Ocado on Demand gives 'free' delivery to customers paying £40 for three months' membership, £60 for six months and £105 for a year.

HTH

PrincessToadstool Tue 15-Sep-09 12:59:12

The monthly membership is for a year, yes. It does say that in the terms and conditions, the only difference between that and paying the lump sum, is, well, not paying it in one go.

schilke Tue 15-Sep-09 13:53:33

Oh poop. I pay £9.99 each month.

PrincessToadstool Tue 15-Sep-09 14:43:24

I pay that too schilke, are you not happy with them? I think the service is great but do admit I feel a bit bound by it now - I would like to shop around more but can't justify shopping online AND going around supermarkets, and can't kiss goodbye to that tenner every month either.

PortAndLemon Tue 15-Sep-09 14:44:36

Yes, it's a minimum 12 months. It does say that pretty clearly when you sign up.

schilke Tue 15-Sep-09 19:45:27

PandL - Yes I've noticed now! I just feel slghtly conned - I did a 2 week trial and forgot to cancel and then thought I could get out at the end of the month. Missed the end of the first month and have just noticed this minimum term business.

I'm quite happy with the deliveries, but sometimes I find their prices a bit ott! Also, I'm a bit like PrincessToadstool - i like to shop around.

They were 2 hours late today - thought I'd get a nice voucher or something, but nothing, but perhaps that's because they let me know they'd be late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now