Talk

Advanced search

Sorry but it's another breadmaker thread!....

(6 Posts)
Mimi1977 Mon 14-Sep-09 11:43:10

I'm a reasonably new stay at home mum, my DD has just turned one and I finally feel I am organised! I have loved the idea of a breadmaker but now more than ever because I'm at home and obviously conscious of what I'm feeding DD. First I wanted to ask is there a lot of crap that goes into shop bought bread and also is a breadmaker just going to be a passing fad? We haven't got a massive kitchen with loads of space but if it was going to be a great purchase I'd find room!

shootfromthehip Mon 14-Sep-09 11:48:06

Shop bought bread has so many things added to it it makes me want to scream. It's not flipping complicated to make a loaf is it?

I have a breadmaker and it saved money and tastes good- I've had mine for a year (second third fourth hand) and it's great. It's about 12 yrs old though and is starting to die- I never thought I'd get excited about the prospect of buying a new kitchen applicance but I can't wait til it does cark it and I can buy a fancy new shiny one.

Love it.

meltedmarsbars Mon 14-Sep-09 12:32:40

I use the New York Times no-knead method as on other bread threads. Easy, no hassle and made a lovely seeded one today.

ilove Mon 14-Sep-09 12:34:05

I've got two and I use them both 5 days out of 7...absolutely brilliant

meltedmarsbars Mon 14-Sep-09 12:34:46

Two breadmakers!?!!

Why?

ilove Tue 15-Sep-09 17:03:11

One does a large loaf, one a small, there's 6 of us but my daughter has to have a salt free diet, so I make bread with salt in the one and bread without salt in the other

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now