Talk

Advanced search

Packed lunch - pasta sauce from the freezer. Should I heat it up or let it thaw??

(11 Posts)
greenday Sun 13-Sep-09 15:33:35

So I've already taken the frozen pasta sauce out of the freezer and put it in the fridge for overnight.

In the morning, when I'm preparing DD's packed lunch, should I heat it up so its piping hot, and then let it cool down to room temperature in time for DD's lunch??

Or should I leave it cold and let it warm up to room temperature?

What's safer .. food hygiene wise?

Thanks!!

greenday Sun 13-Sep-09 15:53:25

Anyone?

greenday Mon 14-Sep-09 11:02:51

Is my question really that boring?
Help anyone?

bellavita Mon 14-Sep-09 11:05:05

Hmmmm.. this is to take to school yes?

I would leave it to come up to room temperature.

Haylstones Mon 14-Sep-09 11:09:32

What kind of sauce is it? Think I'd heat it up but I'm not sure...

AstronomyDomine Mon 14-Sep-09 11:10:23

agree with bellavita

greenday Mon 14-Sep-09 11:11:50

Oh thank you thank you for replying!!!

Yes, its for DD's packed lunch at school.

Actually, I failed to mention that where I am now, which is a hot and humid country. Does that make any difference to whether I should heat or leave it to come up to room temperature?

greenday Mon 14-Sep-09 11:12:58

Sauce is minced beef and the usual veggies ...

Again, thank you sooo much, you all, for replying

AstronomyDomine Mon 14-Sep-09 11:16:10

OK, maybe you need to be a bit more careful then.
You'll be fine leaving it at RT provided you have a lunch-cool-box. Your location is hot and humid so could warm the meat sauce up making it unfit to eat.

bellavita Mon 14-Sep-09 18:50:11

Ah, well in that case then, I wouldn't do it at all if it has meat in. I thought you meant some plain tomato ragu. Hot and humid country... meat... a no no from me I'm afraid.

greenday Tue 15-Sep-09 13:25:43

OK thank you all. I think I won't agree to pack pasta for DD's lunch anymore .. or at least, make sure its just veggie sauce.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now