Talk

Advanced search

What does everyone have for breakfast at the weekend?

(46 Posts)
FlyMeToDunoon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:26:18

I am stuck in a rut containing
croissants
Chocolate croissants
Bacon eggs sausage etc
Sometimes with maple syrup
eehhh thats it so what does anyone else eat?

Clayhead Sat 12-Sep-09 21:27:17

Jamie's fluffy American pancakes are lovely, you can make them with blueberries in too.

cheesesarnie Sat 12-Sep-09 21:27:30

cup of tea and a faggrin.i know im very very unhealthy.

plus3 Sat 12-Sep-09 21:28:50

pancakes, or a grill up (we are very healthy dontcha know!)

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:29:01

Fluffy mmmmmm are they in the new book? Or can I look em up online?
Cup of tea obligatory!

WhingeBobShitPants Sat 12-Sep-09 21:29:50

sometimes we have a full English breakfast for brunch, usually on a Sunday

sometimes a variety of daft breakfast cereals which we wouldn't normally have

sometimes croissants or brioches

makes a change from boring weekday breakfasts of toast or porridge or corn flakes etc

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:33:28

Brioche -nice yes can see me getting some.
Found the fluffy recipe! Pancakes are a faff though -non?

TeamEdward Sat 12-Sep-09 21:33:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trefusis Sat 12-Sep-09 21:34:49

Message withdrawn

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:37:57

Well if I had to live in this rut forever I wouldn't be complaining grin
But well you know week after week I do wonder if it's just me and my limited culinary imagination.

trefusis Sat 12-Sep-09 21:41:38

Message withdrawn

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:44:49

Bacon tomorrow again.
Sigh

Now if I did the corn pancakes and bacon and maple syrup? Hmmmm

cat64 Sat 12-Sep-09 21:51:47

Message withdrawn

Clayhead Sat 12-Sep-09 22:04:53

Jamie's American Pancakes

BuildABurger Sat 12-Sep-09 22:12:47

me, Weetabix

DH (deep breath) 1 x wholemeal English muffin cut in two and toasted with marmite, a thin slice of jarlsberg, and chopped-up boiled egg on top. To accompany this culinary delight, 2 x crumpets, one with jam one honey, each with a chocolate hob-nob on top (chocolate side down). One large coffee. Lord alone knows how he came up with this, but it came to him fully formed. There was no process of evolution. One weekend he was happily breakfasting on cornflakes and toast, and the next this. hmm

blueshoes Sat 12-Sep-09 22:39:19

dh does fry up every Sat morning: sausage, egg, potatoes. 'Tis yummy.

Portofino Sat 12-Sep-09 22:44:04

BuildaBurger, does he make it himself though?

I INTEND to have weetabix, but usually we have a bacon sandwich. Or i go to the British Shop to get a Sunday Times (with all supplments) so we have a fresh baked pasty! blush

Meglet Sat 12-Sep-09 22:46:20

same as the week. Oatibix and toast for the dc's and marmite on toast for me. I was thinking about pancakes tomorrow but I can't be bothered to dig the frying pan out the back of the cupboard and and trash the kitchen before 9am blush.

cyteen Sat 12-Sep-09 22:49:23

How funny, I was thinking of starting exactly this thread this morning!

We always often indulge in over the top breakfasts at the weekend, almost always involving drop scones with banana, maple syrup and greek yoghurt. This morning I had eggy bread with cinnamon, plus banana/maple syrup/greek yoghurt; DP and DS shared some croissants, and DS had some toast and Marmite too. Lots of fruit.

LOL at the hobnob-topped crumpets! That's even better than my brother's combination of sugary cornflakes atop toast, with some melted butter over the top.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 12-Sep-09 22:54:58

Gosh we have the same breakfast at weekends as we do in the week
Cereal or toast
Occasionally a bacon sandwich
CAnt face that much food in the mornings

FlyMeToDunoon Sun 13-Sep-09 11:38:59

We had croissants and bacon this morning and it was very good. The childen had maple syrup on top but I couldn't face it.
With coffee because I now have a 5 year olds b.day party to get through.

bran Sun 13-Sep-09 11:45:04

I've been having porridge oats soaked in water or fruit juice for about 30 mins and then mixed with fruit yoghurt. It's a treat for me because I don't have time to let anything soak on a weekday so have cereal then.

My poor deprived kids think Christmas has come if they get a boiled egg for breakfast instead of cereal and banana. I'm not up to much cooking anytime in the mornings.

StirlingIsFedUpOfTheRain Sun 13-Sep-09 18:52:58

DC - sometimes have pancakes with syrup or even nutella! I love the Jamie ones but have recently been doing the Nigella ones because you make up a load of the dry ingredients and store it in the cupboard and then, when you are ready, you weigh out 150g of it and add (i think) 250ml milk and one egg and a small amount of melted butter and mix it up. It is in the Express book.

And for the grown ups, we love poached egg and beans on toast,
or mushrooms, cherry tomatoes fried in small amount of butter, served on toast with a poached egg on top.
Or today we had an omelette using up stuff in the fridge (mushrooms, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and cheese) served with wholemeal toast and brown sauce! - yummy

cocolepew Sun 13-Sep-09 19:05:38

I had a giant Dairy Milk this morning. It was lovely.

oh and a cup of tea.

colditz Sun 13-Sep-09 19:12:59

Dippy eggs and soldiers
Pancakes
Chocolate brioche

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now