Talk

Advanced search

Train cake recipe from lakeland?

(11 Posts)
moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 07:31:43

Does anyone have the recipe that came with it as mine has disappeared. Slight panic as is ds2 5th birhtday today so needs doing for tonight! Have no cake release stuff in either - will it stick??? seem to remember that I grease then flour is that going to do it? help!!

moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 11:28:58

bump.
anyone?? am about to start baking....smile

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 11:33:52

You need a 3 egg mixture (actually makes a bit too much, but you can make some fairy cakes with the extra)

Take 3 eggs - weigh them in the shells. Write this down.

Weigh out the same weight of sugar and v soft butter or margarine and beat together till light and fluffy.

Mix in eggs and two teaspoons of vanilla extract

Weigh same again of SR flour and fold in.

Bake until elastic to the touch

You need to grease and flour the tin really, really well as it tends to stick a lot as the tin is so complex

moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 12:15:25

thank you so much thats fantastic.

NoFurtherQuestions Fri 11-Sep-09 12:18:31

Message withdrawn

moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 12:24:08

will only post photo if doesnt need scraping out then covering in sweets to hide train-rubble!

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 12:25:38

Well, the other day I started doing dinosaur cakes, and then Ds changed his mind to do the train, and the 2 egg mixture filled all but two of the train bits

moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 12:28:06

have, in diplomatic style, gone for 4eggs. we shal see...about 180 for fan oven do you reckon?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 11-Sep-09 12:31:22

I used a 4 egg mixture on my practice run blush and it came out fine.

I used cake release but the tin is such good quality I'm sure it will be fine without.

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 12:34:27

160 for a fan oven seemed to work well with no burning.

moopymoo Fri 11-Sep-09 12:46:08

<<turns oven down and wafts door>> ok its going in! hand holding during cake making - mumsnets great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now