Talk

Advanced search

anyone been to Simpsons in Birmingham - looking for somewhere lovely for our 5th wedding anniversary

(5 Posts)
deaconblue Wed 09-Sep-09 20:40:34

the menu looks great and the rooms really pretty. I lived in Brum when we met too so would be a little trip down memory lane. Opinions please

crunched Thu 10-Sep-09 15:04:36

We have been twice and the second time - February 09 - stayed over after the event. It is our friends favourite place, having been fans of Andreas when he run the original Kenilworth restaurant.
The rooms are sweet.
Oh no- school run time. Let me know if I can be of more help. Basically food great and the orangery really pretty x

deaconblue Thu 10-Sep-09 20:25:36

oh fab, thanks. CAn you remember which room wyou chose? I like the look of the blue French room but dh thought it looked a bit ott

crunched Tue 22-Sep-09 19:54:20

oh sorry- where have I been? We didn't stay in the blue room but, cos our chums booked it, I'm not sure what it was called.It was mostly greys, at the front of the hotel and very nice. I do hope I haven't kept you waiting for too long! I have asked for advise for a New year break and no one has even answered. It makes me feel so invisible! hope you have had more luck ...

janeite Tue 22-Sep-09 20:02:30

I haven't been (sob) but have heard very, very good things about it. Edmunds in the city centre is supposed to be v good too, although tis just a restaurant - no rooms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now