Talk

Advanced search

How do you defrost a frozen chicken?

(8 Posts)
Holymoly321 Wed 09-Sep-09 16:36:55

Got chicken out of the freezer this morning and left it in the fridge to defrost - planning on doing a roast tomorrow. But it's still pretty frozen solid. will it be ok by tomorrow or am I doing something wrong?

fruitshootsandheaves Wed 09-Sep-09 16:38:20

it should be defrosted by tomorrow unless its a really huge chicken or your fridge is overly efficient.

akhems Wed 09-Sep-09 16:38:36

should be fine by tomorrow, if you're worried, take it out of the fridge and let it defrost at room temp over night, you can put it back in the fridge in the morning til you need it

kentmumtj Wed 09-Sep-09 16:39:13

no your doing it all the correct way it should be defrosted by tomorrow, i tend to leave mine to defrost overnight in the sink and then put into the fridge in the monring until im ready to cook it

enjoy your roast its one of my fave dinners grin

MummyElk Wed 09-Sep-09 16:48:44

yep i'd stick it in the sink overnight, somehow it never seems to thoroughly defrost in the fridge, and tbh i'd rather a thoroughly defrosted bird at room temperature than a chilly semi thawed one!
yum...
might have to join you on the roast effort tomorrow!! mmmm

Holymoly321 Wed 09-Sep-09 17:01:22

thanks ladies, When you say defrost in the sink - on it's own or with water?

Stayingsunnygirl Wed 09-Sep-09 17:03:11

Putting it on a metal surface (like a metal sink or a baking tray) can help it defrost, because the metal somehow radiates the cold away from the frozen object (at least, I think that's the theory, but it does work).

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 09-Sep-09 19:34:01

I would put it in the sink with water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now