Talk

Advanced search

How important is the orange glaze on a Le Creuset pan?

(7 Posts)
thereistheball Wed 09-Sep-09 15:58:43

I've just dropped a Le Creuset pan (wedding present) on the floor and chipped about two inches of the orange glaze off the outside, so you can see the cast iron. Will this affect its oven-worthiness in any way? I don't have an oven at the moment to test this, but will do at some point and can't afford to replace the pan at the moment.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 09-Sep-09 18:15:44

I would email Le Creuset to ask them. If you mention it was a wedding present they might even send you a new one.

thereistheball Wed 09-Sep-09 19:19:16

Good idea, I'll send them a photo. Would be astonished if they offered to replace it unless they usually come with some kind of lifetime guarantee. Thanks!

SomeGuy Wed 09-Sep-09 19:42:25

but they do come with a lifetime guarantee

thereistheball Thu 10-Sep-09 11:04:04

Ah, great. DH said the same thing, and suggested I photograph it surrounded by the sizable Le Creuset family I seem to have amassed. Will see what they say.

MrsMagnolia Thu 10-Sep-09 13:59:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thereistheball Thu 10-Sep-09 15:31:18

MrsM, I initially thought that but posted because it might also mean that food next to that patch on the inside would be more likely to burn because the oven's heat would penetrate more quickly there. I am sure Le Creuset customer services will enlighten me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now