Talk

Advanced search

HAve DD's new teacher and teaching assistant coming for lunch tomorrow. what shall i cook?

(7 Posts)
Mamazon Wed 09-Sep-09 12:29:19

should i just throw some rolls together or do i cook something? amnd if so, what?

Scootergrrrl Wed 09-Sep-09 13:00:53

What about a cheese and onion tart? Get some frozen puff pastry, roll it out to about 5mm, score a border round it, then top the bit inside the border with slow cooked onions and garlic, scatter over small squares of cheese and dot with halved cherry tomatoes. Bake in oven until cooked and serve with salad.

I read your other thread about school - did you think they deserved a treat grin?

Mamazon Wed 09-Sep-09 13:59:27

grin thankfully this teacher is also a friend and she is fabulous. she is the only reason im allowing DD to attend this year.

like the sound of the tart, wil give it a go. thanks

Scootergrrrl Wed 09-Sep-09 15:52:22

You can cook the onions and garlic mix the day before and keep it in the fridge, if you're short of time on the day, then just layer it up and bake it when you want to eat.

SomeGuy Wed 09-Sep-09 21:07:34

I would do cold chicken, cold tongue, cold ham, cold beef, pickled onions, salad, french bread, cress sandwiches, potted meat, ginger beer and lemonade.

Dumbledoresgirl Wed 09-Sep-09 21:12:02

You've been reading too much Famous Five SomeGuy, or is it The Wind in the Willows? grin

SomeGuy Wed 09-Sep-09 21:17:17

the latter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now