Talk

Advanced search

Recipes needed for paella please

(4 Posts)
NaughtyAlice Mon 07-Sep-09 11:42:33

I had some paella yesterday for the first time. I haven't eaten it before because i am not keen on seafood, but as this was a vegetarian one i tried it and it was very good. DD liked it too, and she is at the stage where she is getting fussy about food so to find something new that she will eat is a bonus!

What sort of rice do i use? can i use any veg/meat in it? Do/can you use a slow cooker?

Thanks smile

OtterInaSkoda Mon 07-Sep-09 16:52:43

This is absolutely not a real paella recipe but it's dead easy. I make it all the time, although I don't often use fresh prawns - I tend to use shelled, defrosted ones. I often put courgettes and peppers etc in, too. I add them with the onions and garlic, and sometimes miss out the chicken. As for rice, I use Arborio or Bomba or whatever risotto rice is currently on special offer.
There are some paella recipes in the Moro cookbooks but delicious as they are, they are too fussy for every day (for me that is!) and involve deveining prawns and boiling their shells. Can't be doing with that after work, iykwim!

NaughtyAlice Mon 07-Sep-09 17:15:35

That looks good, thank you smile

NaughtyAlice Mon 07-Sep-09 20:04:10

Just bumping for the evening crowd smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now