Talk

Advanced search

what was the oldest thing you've eaten from your freezer and how long was it in there?

(11 Posts)
gatheringstones Sun 06-Sep-09 11:31:00

just unearthed some elderly mince and wondering if it'll be ok... i'm assuming it will be if it smells ok but just got me wondering...what has anyone else eaten after it hanging around in the freezer?

emmabemmasmom Sun 06-Sep-09 11:44:45

My wedding cake on our one year anniversary. Not so good, but good for a giggle...

gatheringstones Sun 06-Sep-09 11:47:16

aww, that comes under 'romatic' rather than 'slovenly' which is where me and my mince are filed...

Trikken Sun 06-Sep-09 11:56:00

a vaccume packed leg of lamb, it had been in there for more than two years. twas fine.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 06-Sep-09 12:02:24

how elderly?

gatheringstones Sun 06-Sep-09 12:29:17

hurrah! trikken has beaten my 18 month old pack of mince (also vac packed so i guess that doubles it's life, yes? wink)

DaisymooSteiner Sun 06-Sep-09 12:37:16

Last week dh told me proudly that he'd made a chilli con carne using the left-over roast beef in the freezer. I knew it had been there for at least a couple of years, maybe longer. I was dreading lunch, thought it was going to be disgusting, but omg, it was the most delicious chilli I've ever had!! Unfortunately we have no more left-over roast beef in the freezer sad

gatheringstones Sun 06-Sep-09 12:41:34

so glad i'm not the only one with good intentions when i put things into the freezer - for them to languish there. i am now trying to work my way through what's in there. it's saving me money that's for sure!

catinthehat2 Sun 06-Sep-09 12:42:52

7 years for top of wedding cake to become christening cake.
Fine & dandy!

Trikken Sun 06-Sep-09 12:58:13

well, that beats mine! lol, although i do have my wedding cake still, but not frozen, just in a plastic container. its been in there for two and a half years but doesnt seem to be going mouldy. i cant bring myself to chuck it.

catinthehat2 Sun 06-Sep-09 13:03:33

Well don't! I think my cake would have lasted another 7 no problem (though the icing would have been a bid odd looking).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now