Talk

Advanced search

Any SIMPLE recipes for chocolate chip cookies????

(4 Posts)
meandjoe Sat 05-Sep-09 19:28:12

Having failed at loads of internet recipes and a rather grim attempt at Hugh Fearnley what-his-name's recipe I am hoping wise mumsnetters can help!!

I am wanting wither a chocolate chip cookie recipe or a double chocolate chip recipe that is simple and cheap if possible. No nuts as got to be suitable for kiddies. Thank you!

NinthWave Sat 05-Sep-09 19:50:51

How about choc chip shortbread cookies?

3oz butter
2oz sugar (I use golden caster sugar)
4oz plain flour
As many choc chips as you like wink

Preheat oven to 160c. Cream butter and half the sugar together with electric whisk. Add the flour and choc chips and mix with your hands to a firm dough.

Turn onto a floured surface and knead well. Roll to about half an inch thick, cut into rounds. Re-roll dough to cut more rounds etc.

Put onto a baking tray and cook for about 20-25 minutes - I check mine after about 15 mins to make sure they are not going too dark.

This is adapted from an old Marguerite Patten recipe and they are lovely You can substitute 1oz of flour for cocoa powder if you like, but I've not tried this myself.

Cies Sat 05-Sep-09 19:59:30

I can highly recommend this recipe. The only slight faff is that you have to leave the dough to chill for half an hour before baking, but the actual process of making it is simple and the results are DELICIOUS!

StirlingIsFedUpOfTheRain Sat 05-Sep-09 20:10:09

This makes 20
170g butter
140g light muscovado sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
220g s/r flour

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Beat in milk, vanilla and yolk.
Gradually work in the flour.
At this point add choc chips or raisins or apricot pieces.
Take small amounts and roll into balls and place on baking tray leaving a gap around each one. Flatten down gently.
If you are using sweets/smarties, press them in now.
Put in oven (190/170fan/gas5) for 7-10 mins.

Any spares will keep for 3 days in airtight tin.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now