Talk

Advanced search

Help me make risotto please

(5 Posts)
mummytopebs Thu 03-Sep-09 10:13:49

DD had one of those supermarket kids meals the other day and it was mildly spiced sausage and tomato risotto, she absolutly loved it x Anyone got any ideas how i would make this?

TrillianAstra Thu 03-Sep-09 10:18:59

Basic risotto instructions

Fry onion in buter, add about 75g of risotto rice per adult (aborio or carnarlio rice) and stir around in the butter, add stock a bit at a time and stir for about 20 minutes until the rice has absorbed enough stock to get the consistency you want.

Other things: add them earlier or later depending on how long they need to cook.

shinyshoes Thu 03-Sep-09 10:20:50

as above but the key is to keep stirring adding a ladle at a time of stock on a lowish heat. The stirring is continous for about 25 minutes,

BlingLoving Thu 03-Sep-09 10:21:40

As per Trillian's instructions. But I'd cook the sausage under the grill first and also lightly roast the tomatoes and then just add them a few minutes before the end. If the sausages aren't that spicy you could add a little dried chilli and perhaps some fennel (goes very well with sausage) at the end (or roast the tomatoes with a little chilli and fennel).

Also, not sure how you feel about cooking with wine for DC but I'd add some wine at the begnning before the stock and also add some garlic to the onion (leeks and celery add a nice creaminess to risotto too).

TrillianAstra Thu 03-Sep-09 10:22:45

(early on I sometimes add a bigger glug of stock and go off and do other stuff for a bit, but I am naughty)

You definitely don't have to actually stand over it solidly - you can chop other ingredients in between stirring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now