Talk

Advanced search

Slow Cooker Hell - Possible Poisoning Dilemma - What would you do............................

(17 Posts)
cocococo Thu 03-Sep-09 09:55:34

MONDAY - I prepared a lovely chicken curry for the Slow Cooker & put it in the fridge.

WEDNESDAY - Took out of fridge and put in Slow Cooker at 8am ready to have delish dinner when I came home 6.30pm Wednesday night. (Feeling slightly smug of course.) Arrived home with starving family to find cleaner had SWITCHED IT OFF at 9am as she thought I had accidentally left it on!!! Had take away instead with smug feelign well and truly dashed. I put the meal back in the fridge ready for next day.

THURSDAY - Do I risk putting the curry back on again today in the slow cooker and hope that I won't poison my family? Bearing in mind I heated the raw chicken on Monday to seal it. It then might have got slightly warm on Wednesday morning and sat out on the kitchen counter for 9 hours.

WOULD YOU RISK IT???

My mums says cook it and give to the adults only and not the kids but I dont really want to poison myself or husband. I think I might cook it and suggest she gives it to her precious dog who is like her baby instead ...

ChopsTheDuck Thu 03-Sep-09 10:00:33

no I wouldnt. If it has been warm for hours it's probably full of bacteria now.

If I really really didn't want to waste it, I would cook it quickly in a pan or oven rather than in a slow cooker.

MaryBS Thu 03-Sep-09 10:01:53

No I wouldn't risk it. It really isn't worth it.

nickschick Thu 03-Sep-09 10:02:09

no

BananaPudding Thu 03-Sep-09 10:03:03

I wouldn't either. No way. Sorry

jeminthecellar Thu 03-Sep-09 10:03:45

no

chimchar Thu 03-Sep-09 10:05:31

i wouldn't risk it....sorry!

SoupDragon Thu 03-Sep-09 10:07:23

No, since it was warmed for an hour and then left on the side all day.

AstronomyDomine Thu 03-Sep-09 10:07:45

definitely not - throw it away!! (and tell your cleaner next time wink )

midnightexpress Thu 03-Sep-09 10:09:23

Nope. I'd bin it, and I especially wouldn't cook it in a slow cooker again.

PortAndLemon Thu 03-Sep-09 10:11:26

No, particularly not with chicken. And I am at the lax end of the spectrum on these things.

Ripeberry Thu 03-Sep-09 10:15:06

Chuck it....Anything with chicken should be cooked all on the same day, even if you have to get up early to do it.
Never risk it with chicken.

ZacharyQuack Thu 03-Sep-09 10:34:23

Nope, chuck it.

PinkTulips Thu 03-Sep-09 10:36:14

nope, i'm very chilled out about this stuff but no way would i cook it, especially as it's curry and you wouldn't be able to taste if it was a bit iffy

colditz Thu 03-Sep-09 10:37:16

I'm very relaxed, but even I would bin it.

herbietea Thu 03-Sep-09 10:39:29

Message withdrawn

cocococo Thu 03-Sep-09 10:44:33

ah bum, I'll bin it then thanks everyone. What a shame it looks and smells lovely but you're right I should bin it. Damn got to think of something else to do for dinner today. That's the last time I try to get organised...

ps cleaner popped round this morning and we had a good laugh about it. Apparantly there's nothing like a slow cooker in Poland!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now