Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy 'Salute' gluten-free pasta?

(9 Posts)
Terpsichore Wed 02-Sep-09 12:51:23

Am thoroughly peeved because Sainsburys appear to have stopped stocking it - I've gone into about 4 branches and they only seem to have their own brand now.

Grr! 'Salute' is by far the best gluten-free pasta around, and we used to stock up with about 5 packs at a time, but our spaghetti stash is running perilously low! Anyone seen it anywhere else? TIA

AbricotsSecs Wed 02-Sep-09 12:54:55

Message withdrawn

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 12:59:00

I much prefer Rizopia tbh. Doesn't go mushy, and has a really nice taste

Terpsichore Wed 02-Sep-09 13:31:56

Hmm, where do you get Rizopia, CMOT? Might give it a go. But we're so addicted to Salute that I doubt anything else would compare!

gomez Wed 02-Sep-09 13:37:04

Dove Farm is good. Or Rizopia which you can get on prescription.

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 13:41:42

Rizopia is in Waitrose, Co-op and Tescos.

I'm not so keen on the Doves Farm as I think it can be a bit mushy.

Orgran RisOMais is pretty good too

gomez Wed 02-Sep-09 13:47:59

Tip for non-mushy GF pasta - cook pasta until nearly ready and then add to sauce, presuming the sauce is hot then this heat will complete the cooking of the pasta and hence no mush!

I have also found penne the best 'style' of pasta resulting in less mush potential. Presumably because thicker?

NappyValley Thu 01-Oct-09 16:14:00

I have also run out, but called my local store, who still think they stock it. Am going to check out stock levels next week and if necessary doubly stock up. Everyone in our house eats this pasta even though I am the only one who needs to. It tastes brilliant. I know it is only in our largest Sainsbury that stocks it. I shall report back after the weekend.

NappyValley Tue 06-Oct-09 22:30:22

Yup filled up the cupboards with glorious pasta, hooray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now