Talk

Advanced search

meal planners HELP please

(4 Posts)
sep1712 Tue 01-Sep-09 19:45:10

I have 3 dc and starting a new full job on the first day the schools go back. Its going to be a fresh start with us ALL being extra organized! because were not at all at the mo. My thought are, if i could do a monthly meal plan and get all the store cupboard stuff once a month then just fresh locally. Hopefully this will save us time and money. Has anyone got a copy of anything they use pretty please as i'm running out of ideas.

melsy Tue 01-Sep-09 19:51:06

I don't use a monthly one , but we do make bulk of our faves and store it in the freezer in meal size quantities, such as;

clear chicken soup - good for making Chinese/Japanese style ones too
bolognese sauce
shepherds pie
chicken casserole
tomato sauce - again not just good for pasta sauce , but great for pizza base or poaching fish in with some additional ingredients.

Friends of mine have a list of different meals and they like for ideas and make sure much of the ingredients is in the house as you plan to do.

I think there is something online that has a chart , hopefully someone else will come along to help with it soon

sep1712 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:57:00

Thanks Melsy, i'll have to get oranzied and start cooking!!!

Thanks

StirlingTheTired Wed 02-Sep-09 08:43:19

Have you taken a look at the meal planner at the top of the page? - some ideas there smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: