Talk

Advanced search

meal planners HELP please

(4 Posts)
sep1712 Tue 01-Sep-09 19:45:10

I have 3 dc and starting a new full job on the first day the schools go back. Its going to be a fresh start with us ALL being extra organized! because were not at all at the mo. My thought are, if i could do a monthly meal plan and get all the store cupboard stuff once a month then just fresh locally. Hopefully this will save us time and money. Has anyone got a copy of anything they use pretty please as i'm running out of ideas.

melsy Tue 01-Sep-09 19:51:06

I don't use a monthly one , but we do make bulk of our faves and store it in the freezer in meal size quantities, such as;

clear chicken soup - good for making Chinese/Japanese style ones too
bolognese sauce
shepherds pie
chicken casserole
tomato sauce - again not just good for pasta sauce , but great for pizza base or poaching fish in with some additional ingredients.

Friends of mine have a list of different meals and they like for ideas and make sure much of the ingredients is in the house as you plan to do.

I think there is something online that has a chart , hopefully someone else will come along to help with it soon

sep1712 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:57:00

Thanks Melsy, i'll have to get oranzied and start cooking!!!

Thanks

StirlingTheTired Wed 02-Sep-09 08:43:19

Have you taken a look at the meal planner at the top of the page? - some ideas there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now