Talk

Advanced search

hahaha! just told ds that his tea was ready..

(14 Posts)
sunburntats Tue 01-Sep-09 17:31:31

At the mo, he isnt eating very much, (phases of this as you probably get this with your own)

he asked what it was, then before i could answer with a huge grin on his face he said "is it a crabby patty"?

yes,

why, yes it is says i.

He has just demolished a chicken burger and salad.

Am a fab lier to my child.grin

mamalovesmojitos Tue 01-Sep-09 17:54:21

was just about to press 'like' when i remembered that i'm not on facebook.

well done you! grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 03-Sep-09 09:32:55

Struggling to see a problem. DD often eats nightingale tongues (minced beef)

MaryBS Thu 03-Sep-09 09:35:13

I fed DD Gruffalo Crumble once. She didn't like it. She liked it even less when she found out it was actually diced courgette blush

PolarBear74 Thu 03-Sep-09 09:43:16

I ate what I thought was sausages for years - it didn't seem to bother me that they often resembled chicken, beef, pork.... My Mother must have been a most convincing liar!

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 09:45:16

All meat is chicken in our house. DD happy, I'm happy.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 03-Sep-09 10:10:45

Mt BIL comes from a family of 14! Growing up, steak was a real treat. Imagine his dismay to find out he'd been fed liver (and the embarassment of pointing this out at his friends house).

choccyp1g Thu 03-Sep-09 10:13:39

We have a dish called hedgehog legs, which is actually pork chops. The body is made of mashed potato, and the sliced meat makes the legs.

NorbertDentressangle Thu 03-Sep-09 10:14:05

For years, as children, we used to love home-made crocodile jam which was my Gran's speciality.

Now, if we'd been told it was blackcurrant jam we wouldn't have touched it.

Poledra Thu 03-Sep-09 10:15:32

bleugh at nightingale tongues. I'd rather eat minced beef meself grin

RubberDuck Thu 03-Sep-09 10:18:32

My favourite pudding when I was growing up was Elephants and Custard.

Apparently, it was a really good way of making me eat bananas (the trunks grin)

AstronomyDomine Thu 03-Sep-09 10:20:07

DS would only eat shepherds pie when he was little because he thought it was Thomas the Tank Pie!

glasgowlass Thu 03-Sep-09 10:20:30

When we were young my Dad used to make the most gorgeous beef stew. One of my older brothers who was, and still is, very fussy refused to eat it, saying he didnt like it, so my Dad made him "goulash". Same stew just decanted into seperate pot just before serving so my DB thought he had different food.

He still to this day asks my dad to make him goulash when he and his family are coming to my parents for dinner. Everyone knows except him that he gets the same stuff!

Deffo something I will use on DS if need be when older.

PolarBear74 Thu 03-Sep-09 12:20:30

My Brother never ate Mince pies at Xmas as he thought they were meat mince! He could never understand why we ate them with cream and custard! grin

When he discovered at 19 what he was missing out on he was horrified - eats vast quantities of them to make up for lost time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now