Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about freezing sarnies in advance - tried and tested fillings please

(9 Posts)
walkingonthemoon Mon 31-Aug-09 20:13:28

Desparate to be more organised - thanks everyone!

ilove Mon 31-Aug-09 20:14:55

Freezing sandwiches in advance????

walkingonthemoon Mon 31-Aug-09 20:25:20

yeh, I know! All I know is that you can freeze ham sarnies but not salad and mayo. Needing more ideas as DD will need more variety!

AvadaKedavra Mon 31-Aug-09 20:27:14

You can apparently freeze cheese so I guess cheese sandwiches would work

SingingBear Mon 31-Aug-09 20:36:31

Message withdrawn

onadietcokebreak Tue 22-Sep-09 16:29:12

Anyone got any more filling ideas?

cleanandclothed Tue 22-Sep-09 16:39:51

If you can freeze jam, does that mean you could freeze a cheese and chutney sandwich? Have honestly no idea for other fillings - cream cheese? I need a bigger freezer - can't fit enough in mine because it is full of ice cream

Lilymaid Tue 22-Sep-09 16:39:51

I freeze tuna mayonnaise sandwiches (don't make it sloppy); smoked salmon pate; cream cheese; any sort of meat sandwich with chutney/pickle. Vary the types of bread you use - eg multigrain/granary loaves to make the sandwiches more interesting - and take a small container of salad to add to the sandwich when you eat it.

Takver Tue 22-Sep-09 16:50:04

OMG my mum used to do this, she used to get odds & sods via my dad's work (worst ever, about 10kg of sliced edam, we were eating the stuff for months), I still have painful memories of frozen edam sarnies and a frozen Iceland yogurt neither quite defrosted by lunchtime.
Funnily enough I got good at making my own sarnies remarkably young grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now