Talk

Advanced search

bit embarassed about this - potato wedges

(10 Posts)
BlueKangerooWonders Sat 29-Aug-09 15:33:36

Is it really as simple as cutting up potatoes and bunging in the oven til they're done? Can't believe I've never attempted them, although we don't have the frozen ones either!

Is there some way of jazzing them up for dh and me? dc will want them v plain.

MrsKitty Sat 29-Aug-09 15:37:11

I find it best if you briefly parboil (3-4 mins) or bung in the microwave before putting in the over (on a pre-heated baking tray)...BUt yes, it really is that easy!

Chuck some chilli flakes or cajun spices over if you want to fancy them up a bit.

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Sat 29-Aug-09 15:38:51

I chop up new potatoes into quaters, then put them in a bowl and add some salt, pepper and harissa then mix and put on a baking tray and cook for about an hour.

If you don't have harissa use some garlic paste and chilli powder instead. Tastes just as nice.

For the kids, just don't add the spicy bits. Very easy, although, I must admit, I only learnt how to make them a few weeks ago blush

BlueKangerooWonders Sat 29-Aug-09 15:49:11

we've got cajun so will add that.

<even more embarassed caterpillar - don't know what harissa is>

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Sat 29-Aug-09 15:52:04

Don't worry, I didn't either til my domestic goddess friend told me. In fact she didn't tell me, I was too embarrassed to ask.

Claire2301 Sat 29-Aug-09 16:08:41

If you are planning on using old potatoes I chop them up into wedges, chuck them in a bowl and mix in oil and paprika, then bung them in the oven until they are done :-)

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 29-Aug-09 16:11:02

Claire2301 has the right idea.

The don't need to take an hour..

FritesMenthe Sat 29-Aug-09 16:29:05

Hot hot oven. Plenty of seasoning in the oil.

StirlingTheTired Sat 29-Aug-09 20:26:35

I use paprika too - they taste lovely.

Remember to check them every 15 mins or so and move them around a bit.

BlueKangerooWonders Sat 29-Aug-09 20:29:42

Many thanks all. Wedges made and all eaten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now