Talk

Advanced search

Jam jam jam jam jam!!

(9 Posts)
M44 Thu 27-Aug-09 17:09:47

Oh so happy- first time in a while I have made jam-10 lbs of plum jam and 27 lbs of raspberry.
Am so so happy as I have not made either before......lots of other jams and chutneys tho.
Some disasters too.....anyone else?

ProfYaffle Thu 27-Aug-09 17:11:49

I'm so addicted to jam making it's ridiculous! I've made tons of the stuff from foraged fruit this year, I've honestly lost count of how many jars. I'm thinking of doing a car boot sale with it to raise a bit of money!

bellavita Thu 27-Aug-09 17:13:33

Right then you two, I have got loads of blackberries (from last year) in the freezer that need using up. I have also bought a bag of jam sugar.

Is it just a case of sticking everything into a pan, bringing to the boil and simmering?

ClaireDeLoon Thu 27-Aug-09 17:13:50

27lbs shock

I make it, mostly raspberry as get so many from the garden. I love making jam, love eating it too!

M44 Thu 27-Aug-09 17:14:55

It is so satisfying! Even found myself foraging for jam jars in the neighbours recycling as I had acquired so many raspberries!

ProfYaffle Thu 27-Aug-09 17:19:48

Bella - this is the first jam I ever made, Bramble jelly. It's totally delicious, you don't need jam sugar though, just the normal stuff.

bellavita Thu 27-Aug-09 17:23:06

Thanks Prof - have bookmarked the page. Am going to do it on Sunday.

ProfYaffle Thu 27-Aug-09 17:27:31

The only downside of that recipe is the yield is quite disappointing compared to the amount of fruit you put in it. Worth it though, imho. You also need a jelly bag. The blackberries would go further mixed with apple but, as Hugh says, they are rather pippy as a jam.

bellavita Thu 27-Aug-09 18:22:55

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now