Talk

Advanced search

can anyone tell me how to make broccoli soup?....

(8 Posts)
drlove8 Thu 27-Aug-09 12:50:27

.... cause i have loads of broccoli that needs useing up..... had a vegy moment in the supermarket and havent a clue what to do with it all....hmm

Iklboo Thu 27-Aug-09 12:53:01

Chop and onion and break up the broccoli. Fry onion gently in some butter until translucent. Add broccoli & stir fry for a minute or so. Add about 1 oint veg stock, reduce heat, season & keave to simmer for about 20 minutes.
Leave to cool then blitz - check seasoning & reheat. Serve with a swirl of creme fraiche or cream

Iklboo Thu 27-Aug-09 12:53:41

Sorry 1 pint veg stock and leave to simmer blush
That'll teach me to spell check!

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 13:06:11

here

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 13:07:24

i have made it without the potato to thicken though by adding tablespoon flour when sauté the onion then mix really well with stock thickens it nicely

preciouslillywhite Thu 27-Aug-09 13:17:57

yum...but my dp always refers to the smell of large vat of boiling broccoli soup as "Leningrad Stairwell"..

if you don't know what I mean now, you will soon enuff wink

drlove8 Thu 27-Aug-09 14:06:10

grin- guess what the kids are having for tea?
thanx everyone smile but can i use a veg stock cube ? i dont have any veg stock...<<<panic>>>

RatherBe Thu 27-Aug-09 14:40:47

A stock cube is fine. You can also put in Parmesan rind if you have any (take it out before you blend the soup though).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now