Talk

Advanced search

I have a pack of diced lamb and need inspiration!

(9 Posts)
plantwoman Wed 26-Aug-09 09:51:44

something thats not tagine as that what I always do!
Thanks
smile

missmelly Wed 26-Aug-09 09:53:14

curry

SlartyBartFast Wed 26-Aug-09 09:53:47

beat me to it.
i would say curry.
or how about goulash?

LadyoftheBathtub Wed 26-Aug-09 09:54:36

Just a plain stew then? onions, carrots, herbs, tomato puree, wine/stock, and slow-cook it? very nice with mashed potato.

Or if the chunks aren't too small, and the meat is tender enough you could make kebabs with onion, pepper, mushroom etc. Marinade the meat first in olive oil/herbs and spices you like.

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Wed 26-Aug-09 09:57:02

Message withdrawn

plantwoman Wed 26-Aug-09 10:03:14

like the sound of the lamb and leek hotpot - although I haven't got any leeks... and I am not leaving the house today in this weather.Might save that one for another day.

hmmm Dh suggested kebabs, but i think it is diced too small - curry would be good....why didn't i think of that

has anyone used the curry recipes on video jug?
DH uses them (very good if you need to be guided through a recipe) and they are excellent!

OhBling Wed 26-Aug-09 16:35:02

Blimey Reality - that sounds good.

I'd do curry/stew - a bit of cumin, coriander and some tomatoes and you're laughing. Chickpeas and squash are nice too. I have a brilliant lamb shoulder stew recipe on here somewhere but diced lamb might not be fatty enough.

MissisBoot Wed 26-Aug-09 16:39:16

There is a lovely recipe in delia's cheat book - I'll have a hunt for it...

here

All you need is garlic and lemon!

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Wed 26-Aug-09 17:51:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now