Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one?

(6 Posts)
turtle23 Tue 25-Aug-09 21:02:29

My PILs take every opportunity to make fun of me for what I feed DS (17 months.) This is because I like to feed him all kinds of different foods, I enjoy cooking for him, and I am quite pleased that he eats pretty much everything under the sun.
DH has started to join in too, and when my parents were visiting from the states last week they all ganged up on me and poked fun at the fact that DS was eating duck.
Is it really so unreasonable to want to feed my child healthy, organic and varied food? Is it just waaaaay to pfb? I have to cook him something, don't I?

thisisyesterday Tue 25-Aug-09 21:05:07

no it isn't unreasonable at all. i think it's very important to introduce children to a wide range of food with different textures/tastes etc etc and not unreasonable for it to be healthy and organic either.

they're being idiots IMO. your DH needs to stop, and tel his family to stop too

Starbear Tue 25-Aug-09 21:17:05

Be very proud and stand up for yourself. Why do you think they are making fun? Maybe stop talking about it! Might that help??? Don't tell them about it being good healthy diet just cook it and let them enjoy the lovely site of a kid not making that whine noise.
I've got to say food is a bit of a hobby with my family. DH was mildly shocked at the dinner table that my brother wanted to discuss white sauce not football! I bet my mum had a hard time when we were young too! She gave me lambs brains, duck eggs and various strange fruits and veg. I'm as strong as an ox now and so are my brothers and sister!

turtle23 Wed 26-Aug-09 07:03:59

I NEE ring it up. When they come round it's always "What's Prince turtle having for dinner tonight...snigger snigger." I just smile and tell themthey're jealous. It does get on my nerves though.

OhBling Wed 26-Aug-09 10:08:59

What do they eat? Is it time to turn the tables? "well, I want to make sure that Prince Turtle is able to eat a lot of variety when he's older so tht he's not overly fussy, doesn't insist on only eating over cooked chicken and is able to enjoy a wide varity of social engagements"

etc?

Or too aggressive? You could practice them to yourself for entertainment value even if you can't use them out loud? grin

moondog Wed 26-Aug-09 16:47:43

Oh God, they sound like idiots.Ignore them. You're the mother, you're in charge. Some people are a bit jealous of this so like to try and sabotage. Sphinx like smile and carry on your way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now