Talk

Advanced search

lots of pears

(3 Posts)
SomeGuy Sun 23-Aug-09 18:52:09

we have more pears than we could eat in the imminent future. Any suggestions for recipes, how to freeze, etc?

MrsBadger Sun 23-Aug-09 18:54:07

either stew first then freeze
or freeze peeled, cored and quartered on open trays, then once frozen bag up and put back in freezer

I am still seacrhing for a good recipe for apple/pear jam (not jelly) if anyone has one...

SomeGuy Sun 23-Aug-09 21:22:20

well I made a pear and blackberry crumble. Picked about 300 grams of blackberries in the woods, cooked about double that quantity of pears, added honey, a vanilla pod (cos we've got loads and never use it), nutmegm, cinnamon, vanilla essence (ditto), some Pimms winter cup (ditto), and then added the blackberries.

Made the crumble from 150 grams flour, 100 grams brown sugar, 100 grams unsalted butter, 50 grams almonds ground with a bit of a cinnamon, and 50 grams chopped roasted hazelnuts.

It was delicious, though a bit wet, I think might be better to discard the water the pears released when cooking.

Also we didn't have any cream so we put milk on it instead. grin

Not sure the calorie content though......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now