Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast ideas!!!

(8 Posts)
brutusbaldwin Fri 21-Aug-09 16:01:30

Please can I have your breakfast suggestions? My DD9 and DD7 have a bowl of cereal before school each morning. In my ideal world it would be museli or porridge, needless to say it is either cornflakes or weetos. Want to stop the weetos, but they are so fussy. I don't want to send them in with nothing in their stomachs. I do make pancakes for them...would be willing to spend time to cook but they just don't want it. So what do your kids eat forst thing? They don't like eggs, jam. peanut butter.
thanks

Stinkyfeet Fri 21-Aug-09 16:08:13

Cinnamon and raisin bagels are the current favourite here.

stealthsquiggle Fri 21-Aug-09 16:12:32

Bagels.

Occasionally chocolate chip brioche rolls from Sainsburys because they're easy to freeze and thaw on demand blush

MrsBadger Fri 21-Aug-09 16:15:19

yy bagels

with cream cheese

JodieO Fri 21-Aug-09 16:20:01

Croissants, english muffins, crumpets, beans on toast, occasional bacon/saugage roll/sandwich/bagel etc, occasional beans, bacon, toast, mushrooms, sausage etc, cereal with fresh fruit and milk.

shigella Fri 21-Aug-09 18:41:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brutusbaldwin Fri 21-Aug-09 20:54:16

Thanks Shigella , That's helpful. I was worried about the sugar and salt cintent of the cereal. Great ideas- will see how they go down!

weegiemum Fri 21-Aug-09 21:00:12

Current fave with dd1 (who is fussy and doesn't like milk) is yoghurt with chopped up fruit - an apple and a banana, or some grapes as well - in it. 2 large Petit Filous with all that in seems a decent breakfast especially as I despair of getting calcium into her (she also hates cheese!)

Others eat either wholemeal toast or rice krispies/cormflakes/weetabix (usually warm milk on that), or "Just RIght" (known in our house as "mummies and daddies") or some non-Nestle form of Shreddies (known in our house as "Sam's", cos their friend Sam introduced them!)

I'm just glad to get something into them before they leave the house, and they usually get to school in time to have fruit juice and toast in the breakfast club (here it is open to all kids and they are actively encouraged to go).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now