Talk

Advanced search

help with cup cakes please!

(5 Posts)
nancy75 Fri 21-Aug-09 15:45:57

i have been roped in to a baking competition by my darling friend (who i will deal with later grin ) she (in other words me) needs to bake something to take into work, and i have been nominated to help her as she really cant cook (thinks you make cheese on toast by putting cheese on bread then putting it all in the toaster - you get the idea). i am quite a good cook but dont really bake and i am determined that friend will be doing most of the work, so i need a fool proof recipe for chocolate cupcakes with choc buttercream topping - can anyone help?
thank you X

arolf Fri 21-Aug-09 15:54:30

here is a good recipe if you have american measuring cups available.

actually, scrap that, it's a fantastic recipe
I used normal cocoa powder too, as I could never find her ultra fancy stuff.

stealthsquiggle Fri 21-Aug-09 15:59:24

oooh I love Valrhona. I've been there and done a cooking-with-chocolate course grin but have long since run out of everything I bought from the factory shop sad - Waitrose sell their chocolate sometimes, but I have never seen the cocoa...

nancy75 Fri 21-Aug-09 20:59:31

arolf - thanks for the recipe, loots easy enough - now are americam measuring cups the same as the ones i would have or are they different to uk ones?

StirlingTheTired Sat 22-Aug-09 09:34:07

There was another thread about this - look HERE

I inserted a recipe further down the page which is really easy and comes out lovely - you can convert to chocolate by substituting a couple of tbsp of flour for cocoa and the same with the frosting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now