Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(48 Posts)
jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:07:46

DD (10 months)has refused lunch and dinner today.... why??? All she will eat is yoghurt, so she has had 3!!

She has never refused food before, and usually cant get enough so someone please help me!

whymummy Sat 28-May-05 18:09:56

is it hot where you are?it could be the heat

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:10:30

it was hotter yesterday and she ate fine, but i guess it could be.... its just so out of character for her.

tillykins Sat 28-May-05 18:10:36

Whatever you do, don't make it into an issue! If all she wants is yoghurt, give her yoghurt! I wouldn't worry unless it carries on
She might have a sore throat and not want to swallow

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:12:49

remember what I said earlier honey? Don't worry. They have days when they don't eat. Each of my 5 stopped eating around that age for about a week. But if I think about it they did eat something, even if it was just yogurt. Honestly honey, don't worry. Just keep offering and don't make a big deal otherwise it will become a battle that you really don't want to fight later on. It could be teeth, it could just be that she's not hungry or like you said the heat.

I mean it, don't worry. I'll let you know when it's time to worry.

hunkermunker Sat 28-May-05 18:14:09

Is she teething? If her mouth hurts, she might not want food.

Don't worry about it, don't stress out as she'll pick up on it. Just let her eat what she wants - no point forcing her.

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:14:38

thanks ML - i was hoping it was a one off at lunch time, but she has refused tea as well.... god im such a worrier!

hunkermunker Sat 28-May-05 18:14:48

ML's wise. Listen to her

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:16:07

<<mutters to self.... I mean how many times do I have to say it..... what she wants me to repeat myself..... honestly how many times do I have to tell her about my 5 children.... I don't know, I just don't know....>>

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:16:38

im impressed with 5 - you really like the motherhood thing huh!

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:17:18

either that or crap at contraception lol

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:18:09

lol! bet the twins was a shock tho! u r one very brave woman, and although dh wants 4, im not so sure! ill stick with 2 and maybe have one extra once they are at school!

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:19:41

honey, just go for the 5. Why be ordinary? Or even better be like Marmar and go for 8!

hunkermunker Sat 28-May-05 18:19:59

ML, I wasn't being sarky, honest! You are super-wise!

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:21:18

behave! hinker

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:23:27

8?! That is insane - i dont think dh's wages could cover it.... oooh but think of the benefits - lol - only playing.

3 or 4 will suit i think - i want to get away from the 2 that every other person i have ever known in RL has had!

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:24:43

where I live 4 is the norm.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 28-May-05 18:24:46

Sometimes they go off food, or most food, when they have a tummy bug brewing.

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:26:08

NO!!!!!!! Not a tummy bug - please god no!!!! Especially as Jessica is having her proffesional photos done tomorrow!!!!

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 18:32:35

If it points towards a tummy bug then ditch the yogurt. However, I'm still convinced that it's just a today thing. Hope I'm right (esp in light of tomorrow!)

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 18:33:42

i hope so too!!! PLEASE dont let her be sicky pooey baby tomorrow!!!!!!!! Plus we are going to dads for lunch, and im sure he would rather see a happy jessica!

jessicasmummy Sun 29-May-05 20:12:25

right... we have managed to get a bit more into her today, but her nose is streaming and she WILL NOT go to sleep - Mars.... i take back EVERYTHING!

Is this just teething or could she be startingo ut with something else?!

So far the symptoms are....

Runny Nose
Food Refusal
Milk Refusal (today only)
Temp earlier - came down with Neurofen

HELP!

jessicasmummy Sun 29-May-05 20:37:50

bumpity.... anyone?! MARS?!

Orinoco Sun 29-May-05 20:40:10

Message withdrawn

charleepeters Sun 29-May-05 20:44:17

my ds is 9 months and he went throgh a 3 day pwriod of eating only yoghurt! hes fine now i just persisted with other food and finger foods and in the end he gave in and ate normal food again its probably just a phase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now