Talk

Advanced search

Lasagne question

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Thu 20-Aug-09 17:33:57

Need to make a lasagne in advance, but won't be able to stick it in the oven till the next day. My plan is this, make up basic bol sauce, layer it with the lasagne pasta sheets and (Dolmio) ready made white sauce. Let it cool down then leave in fridge till it needs to be cooked in the oven later. Does this sound ok? Do I need to let the bol sauce cool down before adding the pasta and white sauce?

OhBling Thu 20-Aug-09 17:40:15

Sounds perfect.

KembleTwins Thu 20-Aug-09 17:50:37

Only prob you might get is that the wet sauces will sink into the lasagne sheets, which will cause it to look as though it's sunk in the middle. Won't make a jot of difference once it's cooked though.

FuriousofTunbridgeWells Thu 20-Aug-09 17:54:46

As you're not cooking it till the next day what about just leaving the bolognaise in the fridge and just 'assembling' it when it goes in the oven?

Or, cook it and reheat the next day?

I think your way is fine too though.

Aranea Thu 20-Aug-09 18:00:09

I usually assemble it and keep it in the fridge till next day when I'm ready to cook it. I don't let anything cool down before assembling, either. It'll be fine. I have only ever used no-pre-cook lasagne sheets though, I don't know whether it makes a difference.

Holymoly321 Thu 20-Aug-09 18:50:38

thanks all, you lot are fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now