Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get silken tofu from???

(5 Posts)
Warwickmum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:03:55

I am having a real nightmare trying to get silken tofu where we live - I want to get it as we veggie and to put into baby food as source of protein. I have been in big 24hr Tesco (who had no clue what I was asking for - as far as we could tell in the end they didn't do it), a huge 24 hour/Walmart ASDA where they looked at me like I was from another planet and finally directed me to 'Polenta'hmm. Our local health food shop does not do it either. Have had a look to see if can order it online as the silken stuff is often in tetrapaks, but can't find anywhere obvious to get it from! Any suggestions gratefully received.

deleting Tue 18-Aug-09 21:18:15

have seen in fresh n wild if you have one

Warwickmum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:31:25

No,not one where we live and not seen one anywhere near us but thanks for suggestion

MyMamaToldMe Tue 18-Aug-09 21:41:22

Saw it in my local Sainsburys today.

Warwickmum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:52:38

Sadly we don't have any Sainsburys anywhere near us either - we live in South Wales and Sainsburys don't seem to have made it here. However, if it's in tetrapak I may be able to get my Mum to get some from hers in South London and post it to me!!! Worth a trysmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now