Talk

Advanced search

recipes for a 6 month old

(6 Posts)
nsmum Fri 27-May-05 16:21:29

does anyone know some intresting food that i can feed my 6 month old dd and how much should i be feeding her ?

LIZS Fri 27-May-05 16:35:37

Have a look at these suggestions . There are others for the next stages too and guides of quantitites textures etc as you progress. By 6 months it starts to be more flexible as to what you can try from your own meals too.

nsmum Fri 27-May-05 16:38:50

thanks lizs

koalabear Fri 27-May-05 16:39:52

i found anabel karmel book very useful

lunarx Tue 31-May-05 15:55:48

i know some people dont really like anabel karmel (i've never seen her or anything) but her baby and toddler cookbook is wonderful. well worth the £12!! it is full of easy to make recipes and it has good explainations of what babies need and etc at what ages.

lunarx Tue 31-May-05 15:57:16

actually, decided to post two recipes i made for ds once he was 6+ months:

(i found them from a source online, no credit for given for them or i would give credit here, as they are not my own recipes!

*Cod and sweet corn chowder*
^Good source of B vitamins, calcium, beta-carotene and vitamin C^

100g cod fillet/steak
300ml milk
1 medium floury potato, peeled and diced
2 bay leaves
100g frozen sweet corn
1 dessertspoon of parsley

Gently poach the cod in the milk along with the potato and bay leaves for around 8-10 minutes until the fish flakes. Remove the fish, potato and bay leaves and place in a dish to keep warm. Add the corn to the milk, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Return the other ingredients to the pan, add the parsley and bring back to the boil. Mash a little for yourself (this will thicken it up), and either purée or mash for your baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: