Talk

Advanced search

home made ice lollies

(25 Posts)
puddle Fri 27-May-05 13:00:24

Thanks to lakeland we have some ice lolly moulds. Have made ones from fruit juice - can you freeze smoothies (bought ones) too? Any other ideas for yummy treats?

popsycal Fri 27-May-05 13:01:24

pst
could have got some in asda for 99p.......
we have done frozen yoghurt ones before

puddle Fri 27-May-05 13:03:46

I know popscal but they have always sold out when I go there - spent the whole of last summer attempting to get them!

popsycal Fri 27-May-05 13:05:33

Hulababy Fri 27-May-05 13:06:49

I have some Sunny D ones for years ago Pre-DD at least - I don't gibe it her!

I have done juice ones only. How do you go about doing smoothie/yoghurt ones?

MarsLady Fri 27-May-05 13:08:20

My sister has an ASDA near her, so I have sent her out for mine. Thanks for that tip!

I'd imagine that all you do it put the smoothie/yogurt into the mould and freeze. That's what I'm gonna do.

puddle Fri 27-May-05 13:08:38

dp wants to make vodka and lime ones (not for kids obviously!)

puddle Fri 27-May-05 13:09:09

Just wondering whether it's ok to freeze smoothies though - knew yog was ok.

hunkermunker Fri 27-May-05 13:09:12

My very favourite are lemonade ice lollies - could eat seven right now in fact. No effort required - just lemonade

Hulababy Fri 27-May-05 13:09:20

For alcohol ones, don't use too much alcohol - it doesn't freeze very well otherwise. Made that mistake with Baileys ice cream!

MarsLady Fri 27-May-05 13:10:33

I'd freeze smoothies, after all it's fruit and fruit juice. No reason not to puddle. I'll be freezing mine.

Fennel Fri 27-May-05 13:12:07

ooh gin and tonic lollies with a slice of lemon frozen in would be good.

for the kids, i pour in fruit yogurt. or ribena (toothkind of course...) or watered down fruit juice - pineapple is good.

for babies, just ice on a stick keeps them happy!

beansmum Fri 27-May-05 13:12:14

I think as long as your smoothies don't have banana in them you should be ok, banana goes horrible when you freeze it. I like milk ice lollies

beansmum Fri 27-May-05 13:13:04

just had a yummy idea, raspberry and grape juice with frozen berries in it. Will try it tonight.

MarsLady Fri 27-May-05 13:14:25

I didn't know that Beansmum. Thanks

expatinscotland Fri 27-May-05 13:21:49

I freeze smoothies. But I put more milk in them than I do if we're just going to drink the smoothie and half the amount of yogurt. Berry smoothie freezes brilliantly.

bamboo Sat 28-May-05 21:58:17

Annabel Karmel does a good ice lolly recipe.

50g each of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries. Heat gently with 1-2 tbsp icing sugar for few minutes till soft and mushy. Puree, sieve and then add 150g pot of raspberry yoghurt. It's yummy. I just vary the quantities depending on what I can get cheap.

Was it the lickety-sips you bought from Lakeland Puddle? Are the spouts easy to clean? It puts me off a bit that I might not be able to clean them properly!

expatinscotland Sat 28-May-05 22:02:58

I use the Lickety Sips from Lakeland. They clean just fine. I soak them in a basin of hot soapy water first and they rinse right out. If not, some water fresh from the kettle helps dislodge whatever might be there.

fairydust Sat 28-May-05 22:06:06

mullerlight yogurts freeze fab- simply pour in and freeze our dd loves them

singersgirl Sun 29-May-05 14:16:59

As well as other suggestions, I make 'milky coffee' lollies with sweetened, decaf coffee milk, which is a bit like a frozen latte.

bamboo Thu 02-Jun-05 19:56:09

I've just bought some Lickety Sip type moulds at Sainsbury's - £1.49 for a 4 lolly mould - bargain! Now I'll just have to think up another excuse to do a Lakeland order instead .

RTKangaMummy Thu 02-Jun-05 20:00:33

ribena made like you would drink it

DEFFO BRILL

LEMON SQUASH

hermykne Thu 02-Jun-05 20:00:37

bamboo
i suppose u could use tinned (organic if avail) fruit instead of the real thing, i nearly died at 1.99 for a small punnet of raspberries i got in sainsburys the other day, i'd eat the lot in one go!

Thomcat Thu 02-Jun-05 20:08:13

I make Lottie fresh prune juice lollies!
She loves them , nice strong taste, they don't go all watery.

singersgirl Sat 04-Jun-05 10:36:05

Sometimes I also use the syrup from a tin of pears or other fruit diluted 50/50 with water. That way it's not too sweet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: