Talk

Advanced search

Mozarella (unopened) 3 days out of date. Ok to eat?

(8 Posts)
claireybee Mon 17-Aug-09 11:21:02

My own fault, the last lot I bought had a really long date on it and I didn't even look this time just scooped up a couple of packs and assumed it would be ok blush

Also my fridge was quite full last week as I had guests and a couple of things got pushed to the back and froze from touching the back, are they ok to eat or should I chuck them?

akhems Mon 17-Aug-09 11:22:04

yes should be fine

shootfromthehip Mon 17-Aug-09 11:22:15

I'd eat them. Cook them if you are worried and bin if they smell off but I'd do it. I ignore dates all the time!

shonaspurtle Mon 17-Aug-09 11:23:16

Open it and decide: does it smell ok? Does it look ok? Does it taste ok?

Yes? It's ok.

Disclaimer: I'd not use this strategy if I was preparing food for a severely immunosuppressed person etc, etc, etc but for the rest of us it's a good rule of thumb imo.

Aitchiswaitingforalegalopinion Mon 17-Aug-09 11:23:22

i completely rely on my nose for this sort of thing so if they smelled fine i'd eat them no problem at all. yum yum, with basil and tomato. but if you're feeling iffy about it, cook it. lovely through tagliatelle or on a pizza.

claireybee Mon 17-Aug-09 11:24:12

Thanks, veggies I ignore but am a bit more particular with meat and dairy.

Pizza for dinner then grin

muffle Mon 17-Aug-09 11:25:31

Yes I'd get it out, smell it to check, and if OK I'd probably have it cooked just in case. In a pasta bake, on a pizza or bake on top of chicken breasts with herbs.

ThePinkOne Mon 17-Aug-09 20:50:49

I did the same the other week and thought it would be fine (can't remember how long out of date) but when I opened it it smelled off - a bit like lemon.

You'll know if it's dodgy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now