Talk

Advanced search

Where can i buy super concentrated fruit squash?

(4 Posts)
booboobunny Thu 13-Aug-09 11:02:25

i just got back from visiting family in south africa and while we were there we were drinking squash made using some kind of super-concentrate (it was like the consistency of double cream). so one bottle just lasted and lasted. now i'm back in the uk i've been looking for something similar as we get through a lot of squash, but can't find anything. has anyone come across anything similar please - i can't remember the brand we had over there alas. also, i am very big on not using squashes with sugar alternatives and other additives, so it'd need to be ok on that score too.

...in can anyone is wondering why i didn't just bring some back with me, it's cos i suffered the indignity of having to empty out half my case in heathrow on the way out and shove stuff into little free bags provided by BA as mine was too heavy !!(who knew your bag could be too heavy?? not me!!!) so there was no way i was going to risk bringing extra stuff back with me....!

MrsBadger Thu 13-Aug-09 12:25:09

I have done well with the poncier syrupy/sugary squashes and cordials eg Rock's Organic, BottleGreen or the Belvoir Orchards apple and pear ones

Waitrose is an excellent source

booboobunny Thu 13-Aug-09 12:30:54

oooo i've just been there but all seemed to fail the gloopiness test!!! i ended up buying something called Teisierre sirop, which was very poncey with a price tag to match. don't mind if it lasts though. i saw rock's there, might check it out again tomorrow. the stuff we were using overseas lasted for ages and wasn't filled with cr*p, surely there's a market for that stuff over here too? seriously a bottle of normal squash goes over a weekend....

MrsBadger Thu 13-Aug-09 12:44:07

no crap in Rock's, or indeed any of the ones I mentioned. Just industrial quantities of sugar.

the Teisseire stuff is good, journey to Fr not as long as SA either...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now