Talk

Advanced search

where can I find a one-cup coffee filter?

(14 Posts)
smellymel Thu 13-Aug-09 09:41:38

Have been using the Tesco one-cup coffee filters, you know the kind that are pre-filled with coffee and sit on your cup, you pour hot water in and leave to drip through.

I'd like to find a reusable one that I can fill with decaff coffee. Preferably one that doesn't need filter papers.

Any recomendations? Thanks.

norktasticninja Thu 13-Aug-09 09:46:24

How about a one cup cafetiere? I'm pretty sure Bodum do them.

norktasticninja Thu 13-Aug-09 09:48:28

Bodum

smellymel Thu 13-Aug-09 09:56:50

thanks for the link - would prefer not to have the hassle of a cafetiere - all that dismantling and washing.

choccyp1g Thu 13-Aug-09 10:18:56

I swear by these, they sell them as tea strainers, but they work brilliantly for cafetiere ground coffee. Also, they can go in the dishwasher.

www.whittard.co.uk/store/catalogue/Tea-&-Coffee-Equipment-P6000/Infusers-Strainers-&-Measures-SC6006 /Tea-Filter-Basket-for-Mug-171439.raa

BlueChampagne Fri 14-Aug-09 16:42:20

I know what you mean, and have only found them in a local independent coffee/tea shop, which isn't much help. How about putting a filter paper in a plastic funnel?

dizzymare Fri 14-Aug-09 17:00:33

this is what I've got, it's quite pricy but it's reusable and bloody good!

livinginadreamworld Fri 14-Aug-09 17:08:06

i have this is great and does the trick, been using it several times a day for a couple of years!

Littlepurpleprincess Tue 18-Aug-09 09:53:53

I have a one cup filter and it's so annoying tbh. It belonged to the in laws and they snuck it in with our stuff when we moved!

It's such a bugger to clean and DP just leaves it in the sink (full of coffee) for me to clean!

Lilymaid Tue 18-Aug-09 10:09:33

I've got a Swiss Gold coffee filter Simple to use and clean, though I don't find that the coffee it makes is as strong as the coffee you get from the pre-filled filters such as Rombout.

vonsudenfedhatespauldacre Tue 18-Aug-09 10:23:16

I had one a while back, but after a while the coffee started to taste bitter, however much I cleaned it.

We just use size 2 filter papers in an ordinary coffee filter now, (and then compost them and the grounds). Mind you, DH and I do drink coffee in giant mugs.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 19-Aug-09 10:29:40

I have one of these
doesn't take as much hassle to clean as a normal cafetiere, just pu in the coffee, water pop in the plnuger thing and drink only the 2 bits to it.
I love it.

TabithaTwitchet Wed 19-Aug-09 17:57:52

I got DH's from Whittard - gold reusable one cup filter. It is fantastic and no bother at all to clean, and it means I can drink tea instead without feeling guilty

Michael59 Thu 30-Oct-14 16:40:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now