Talk

Advanced search

Dressing/sauce for grilled veggies?

(12 Posts)
OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 11:42:26

I am trying to get back into healthy eating and WW so am planning to grill a selection of lovely vegetables I have at home tonight. But what can I use to jazz them up a bit? I could roast them with a little olive oil and rosemary and garlic I guess? But thought it would be nice to use my new griddle pan and keep the oil to a minimum. Any thoughts?

vonsudenfed Tue 11-Aug-09 11:50:39

I would dress them with 50/50 olive oil and lemon juice, with a bit of chopped garlic in, but that's probably not what you want to hear.

You could make a kind of garlic mayo with some greek yoghurt, garlic and a squeeze of lemons and some chives?

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 11:54:20

Olive oil is my weakness... I'm trying to cut back. But perhaps lemon juice, with a hint of oil oil and a bit of yoghurt coudl work really?

vonsudenfed Tue 11-Aug-09 12:03:30

have you got an oil spray? That works quite well if you mist them with olive oil before you put them on the griddle, then you still get some of the taste.

WelliesAndPyjamas Tue 11-Aug-09 12:04:59

gravy - a classic

but low salt and um, low fat, if that exists grin

phdlife Tue 11-Aug-09 12:11:52

hello Wellies!!

I used to make a dressing with (tries to remember) yoghurt, toasted/ground cumin, squeeze of lemon, and possibly some mint. Used to marinate/grill veg kebabs with it - might be nice?

WelliesAndPyjamas Tue 11-Aug-09 12:19:52

hey phd grin - you're up late, aintcha?

phdlife Tue 11-Aug-09 12:24:23

not past my bedtime yet grin

WelliesAndPyjamas Tue 11-Aug-09 12:25:15

you're so hard core grin

phdlife Tue 11-Aug-09 12:26:42

I'm watching trashy american telly
with my feet soaking
and a coupla choc-chip cookies

yeah it's all rock'n'roll in the phd house grin

MadameCastafiore Tue 11-Aug-09 12:27:06

Waitrose and sainsburys do a reduction of balsamic vinegar which is v v nice drizzled over roast veggies.

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 17:45:42

Am going to roast them - will be fairly stingy with the oil though. Then I can throw in lots of things like garlic and herbs and some chilli. Yum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now