Talk

Advanced search

Best things to do with chicken thighs?

(12 Posts)
WibblyPigRocks Sat 08-Aug-09 18:47:12

I want easy-peasy recipes that are relatively good for my waistline! I am particularly interested in super-easy curry recipes.

Also, ideally, I'd like something I can easily adapt for DS (14mo) to eat as well.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Jux Sat 08-Aug-09 18:52:38

Ask at Lush, they've got some amazing products now! grin

lou031205 Sat 08-Aug-09 19:07:25

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10760/chicken-and-couscous-onepot easy & yummy

Horton Sat 08-Aug-09 19:15:16

Yoghurt, harissa and lemon juice makes a wonderful marinade for chicken thighs which you then roast in the oven. Ditto yoghurt with garlic and curry spices. My DD has been very keen on chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and parsley since a very early age.

Horton Sat 08-Aug-09 19:17:26

Oh yes, also soy sauce, ginger, honey and garlic is fab. Add chopped fresh chilli if making it for adults.

WibblyPigRocks Sat 08-Aug-09 19:52:13

These sound fab! Thanks all!

Quick question - Horton - how do you roast your chicken thighs? Always skin-on? Uncovered? What temp and for how long? Is that really more than one question?!

grin Jux!!

Any other ideas also welcome!!

enprovence Sat 08-Aug-09 22:11:37

wack chicken pieces in an oven proof dish. Take some crushed garlic, parsley (dried or fresh), salt, black pepper, chillies or chilli sauce and mix well with a little lemon juice or white sine vinegar. Poke this mixture under the chicken skin by making little slits. Now squeeze a lemon, about 2 table spoons of olive oil, a little water and plenty of salt and black pepper over the chicken.
Put in hot oven (200 degrees ish!!) and DON'T COVER. After about 40 mins, take out, baste juices over chicken, add a bit more water if looking dry and put back in for about 20-30 mins.
Serve with Fresh baguette and green salad, with vinagrette. Or take ckn pieces on picnic as finger food!!
Hope y'all like.

enprovence Sat 08-Aug-09 22:13:45

sorry, thats white wine and NOT white sine!!!

gigglewitch Sat 08-Aug-09 22:21:48

get 100 denier black tights? grin <sorry>

we marinade them - worcester sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, seasoning, roast in the oven, serve with roasted veg and rice, yummmm

Horton Sun 09-Aug-09 08:53:29

45 minutes to an hour at about 180-190C, Wibbly, depending on the size of the thighs.

I leave the skin on because I happen to like it but no reason not to remove it if you don't. I roast the thighs uncovered but without skins you might want to cover them for part of the time or baste them lots to avoid dryness.

clumsymum Tue 11-Aug-09 13:56:20

Delia's Chicken Basque Is a really REALLY super way to do chicken. Altho the recipe says chicken pieces I always use chicken thighs for it. I see no reason why a child wouldn't eat it, mine does (but then he eats everything )

WibblyPigRocks Thu 13-Aug-09 12:53:21

Lots of fabulous ideas, thanks - am now working my through them all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now