Talk

Advanced search

For reasons unbeknown to me, I have offered to make a cheesecake for the lnlaws bbq!

(13 Posts)
CillySunt Sat 08-Aug-09 09:32:49

Never ever made one though! Has anyone got a good, easy recipe for a chocolately, boozy one please?

noodlesoup Sat 08-Aug-09 09:40:04

chocolate here is good but they have other boozy recipes on this page.

noodlesoup Sat 08-Aug-09 09:40:43

I have no idea what happened there.

Hold on

GrapefruitMoon Sat 08-Aug-09 09:41:26

Tbh I would never make a cheesecake because they cost far more to make than they would to buy!

noodlesoup Sat 08-Aug-09 09:41:31

try again

noodlesoup Sat 08-Aug-09 09:43:21

Its the double choc half way down the page that I have made but I didn't do the topping.

bigchris Sat 08-Aug-09 09:44:54

waitrose or M&S minus the box grin

stripes200 Sat 08-Aug-09 10:15:19

500g marscapone cheese
200g digestive bisciuts
grated zest and juice of 1 orange (more if your oranges are small or if you think it wants to be orangey)
icing sugar to taste
60g butter
springform cake tin
50g dark choc
dash of booze (I use whisky but you could another clear liqueur or spirit)

Crush the biscuits and melt the butter add them together making sure all the biscuit crumbs get coated. Press down firmly into the cake tin.

Add marscapone to a large bowl and whip up a bit. Add in juice and zest and whip a bit more. Add icing sugar, tasting as you go until it's sweet enough and not too sloppy. Transfer to cake tin and leave in the fridge overnight.

Melt the choc, either in a fancy bain-marie or in the microwave. Making sure the choc isn't too hot, add in the booze and give a stir. If it becomes a stiff you can add a tiny drop of veg or sunflower oil to add glossiness and make it workable again.

Take cake out of fridge and decorate with the choc. I do a sort of Jackson Pollock creation, very easy and looks impressive whilst having the added bonus of getting lots of choc on to the cake.

It's always a winner in our house. smile

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 08-Aug-09 10:17:18

Pop into sainsburys, buy their 'taste the difference' new york cheese cake, some blueberries and raspberries, and some of their lovely summer fruit compot.

Present it as if you have made it yourself, break/crumble a bit of the edges for proper effect and pour compot into a lovely pouring jug.

Hey presto!!! (if you need a lot, buy 2/3)

grin grin grin

dizzydixies Sat 08-Aug-09 16:18:26

white chocolate cheesecake - is my most requested recipe and has never failed me yet

white chocolate cheesecake

although have to say I'm liking Pavlovs style grin

dizzydixies Sat 08-Aug-09 16:20:10

oh I didn't realise you needed boozy sorry - I suppose you could slap on some whisky cream to really OD on the calories !!

CillySunt Sat 08-Aug-09 16:27:57

Dizzy, I keep looking at that!

dizzydixies Sat 08-Aug-09 16:32:01

it is lovely!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now