Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed - what to serve alongside BBQ'd fillet of beef??

(10 Posts)
dairymoo Fri 07-Aug-09 21:42:26

A friend has offered to bring a fillet of beef to cook on the BBQ for lunch tomorrow. What shall I serve alongside it?

Have made yummy cupcakes for pudding....

TeamEdward Fri 07-Aug-09 21:45:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dairymoo Fri 07-Aug-09 21:48:32

Summer veg a good idea. I love roasted veg and we could even go picking tomorrow morning which would be fun...

TeamEdward Fri 07-Aug-09 21:53:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beaniebaby25 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:53:58

cook it medium/rare and slice it into strips. PLace on a bed of bok choi and/or noodles, and spoon over dressing - made with soy sauce, olive oil, with grated chilli garlic and ginger

It's a Jamie Oliver recipe i think but I've been meaning to do it for ages now. it looked AMAZING.
grin

Stinkyfeet Fri 07-Aug-09 21:56:24

Par-boil new potatoes for 2-3 mins, drain, toss in olive oil and salt and pepper, skewer them and put on bbq for about 20 mins.

dairymoo Fri 07-Aug-09 22:07:00

Thanks for all the ideas. Beanie - I have seen that recipe too, looks delish.

Great idea for new pots - haven't tried that before and, alongside barbequed sweetcorn and griddled courgettes could be yummy, and simple, which always appeals to me - let the ingredients do the talking!

StinkyFart Fri 07-Aug-09 22:07:43

lidl luxury coleslaw is om nom nom

dairymoo Fri 07-Aug-09 22:10:04

Is it just a coincidence that my thread has attracted both stinkyfeet and stinkyfart?! hmm grin

StinkyFart Fri 07-Aug-09 22:49:30

lolo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now