Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fish pie and parental lunch..

(3 Posts)
makipuppy Fri 07-Aug-09 18:33:21

My parents are coming for lunch tomorrow but arriving early. I'm making salmon and prawn fish pie. I've made it before but usually procure dressed crab for the sauce but can't get hold of any till tomorrow.

I got the salmon fillet out the freezer this afternoon and don't want to leave it out overnight uncooked, so I've steamed it.

Should I make the whole pie now, pipe the potato on top and everything? Or just make the pie and sauce and pipe the pots tomorrow, hoping to stir the crab in last minute?

If I make it all now will it be a bit manky by tomorrow lunch?

If it all sounds a bit excessive, suffice it to say there are mother issues, I'm 38 weeks pregnant and wish to appear a serene domestic goddess.

CMOTdibbler Fri 07-Aug-09 22:13:01

Do the pots tomorrow - somehow the mash can go a bit funny otherwise. But peel them, cut and put in salted water so that they are ready to go.

It makes you seem a bit more domestic goddess to be seen to be cooking too (don't ask me, but my MIL would suspect I had just bought it in otherwise)

makipuppy Sat 08-Aug-09 19:10:46

All turned out perfectly, down to the carefully placed smudge of flour on my nose... grin

thanks,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now