(6 Posts)
clarebear1 Thu 06-Aug-09 20:05:24

The best recipe ever please!!

lambanana Thu 06-Aug-09 21:24:14

there is a jamie oliver one in one of his books but not sure which edition

maybe this?

chicken tikka masala
main courses | serves 4
(Note: the marinade will need to be prepared the day before so the chicken can marinate overnight.)

For the marinade
Blitz the chilli, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in the food processor. Add the paprika, garam masala and tomato puree, plus the coriander stalks, and blitz again to form a paste. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, coat them with the marinade and leave in the fridge overnight.

The next day…
In a little vegetable oil, on a medium heat, fry the onion, peppers and spices in a large saucepan. Cook gently for 10 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes and the yoghurt. Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked. Just before serving, stir through the double cream and chopped coriander leaves.

Serve with fluffy boiled rice and a mixed leaf salad.

clarebear1 Wed 12-Aug-09 16:20:05

bump

jennymac Fri 14-Aug-09 13:36:32

Hi - don't have the book on me but Jamie's book "Ministry of Food" has fab chicken tikka recipe. Very easy to make and lovely flavours.

SandyChick Thu 27-Aug-09 21:32:50

I make one that i saw on a programe called 'cook yourself thin' a while back.

serves 4.
2 onions, finely chopped
4 chicken breast, chopped
400g can of reduced fat coconut milk
tub of 0% fat greek yoghurt ( i use 2 tubs of greek yog and half the coconut milk sometimes for less calories)
1 heaped desert spoon(depending on personal taste)of masala curry pasta - I use Patacks.
A squirt of Tomato puree.

Cook onions for few mins and add the curry paste. Give it a mix and let it cook for a few mins til onions are soft.

Add chicken. Once chicken is cooked add coconut milk, greek yog and tomato puree. Let it bubble away for a few mins then turn down to a simmer for about 15 mins to let sauce thicken.

SandyChick Thu 27-Aug-09 21:34:29

I forgot the chopped coriander too. Add it near the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now