Advanced search

Come Dine With Me! What would u cook?

(14 Posts)
clarebear1 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:23:52

I need some inspiration please ...

Disenchanted3 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:26:09

KFC innit.

girlsyearapart Thu 06-Aug-09 19:26:57

Are you going to be on the show??! Al fresh ingredients no cheating people always bitch about that.

shinyshoes Thu 06-Aug-09 19:29:10

I've bene thinking about my dream menu if I was ever to appear on the show.
I think i'd do something like coconut prawns for starter and sea bass for main.

Or a spinach and ricotta ravioli for starter followed by a lamb shank with potatoes of some kind and seasonal veg

girlsyearapart Thu 06-Aug-09 19:34:53

Yum to the prawns. Don't think fish x 2 is a good idea though? They were advertising recently for candidates.

lisad123 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:37:15

we have been doing this with the girls from work, food has been lovely. One girl did a murder mystry one, that was a real laugh. They other did some lovely samon, and mine will be italian based when i have mine in oct. Oh and loads of wine

potoftea Thu 06-Aug-09 19:50:56

Not sure what I'd cook, but I'd practise it a lot before the show.
I can never understand when they say things like "oh, I've only made this once before so I'm not sure about it". I'd have made it so often before I was filmed that I could do it blindfolded.

clarebear1 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:55:50

Im not going to be on the show but im doing my own for my friends in a couple of weeks.
Im thinking tikka massala for main, and this ppimms dessert i know of but dont know what to do for starter except poppadums

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 06-Aug-09 20:01:21

seared scallops
dollop of thai chilli sauce
dollop of creme fraiche

girlsyearapart Fri 07-Aug-09 08:13:05

Home made onion bhajis?

clarebear1 Fri 07-Aug-09 13:24:50

ooh yum good thinking, im thinking sagg allo too

candyfluff Sat 08-Aug-09 20:16:21

maybe some dips ,chutney or such like with nan breads ?
maybe some kulfi ice cream (mango or pistacio) so you are keeping on theme

clarebear1 Sun 09-Aug-09 00:36:07

i was thinking of staying on the theme but dont know of any desserts plus, me attempt ice cream!!?? hava laugh!

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 20:52:43

damn just checked the site and I'm not eligible as I live in london. I would do anything to be on that show! LOVE IT.

I get completely over excited whenever I think about menus for it. I would love to do Georgian food as that would stump them and it's really tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now