Talk

Advanced search

I have just made the most tasty Jam Doughnut Muffins

(15 Posts)

Found the recipe by accident, and OMG they are gorgeous.
Warm,light and a bit chewy/crispy on top with the sugar. Just like a doughnut really. grin
I have had 2 warm, and I am eyeing up the rest.
Maybe it would be wrong to let them cool, they might not taste as nice. grin

jooseyfruit Thu 06-Aug-09 14:15:01

i made those from a nigella recipe. they are amazing, and, no they didn't get a chance to cool down in our house!

blametheparents Thu 06-Aug-09 14:16:35

Sound lovely, must give them a go

Bumperslucious Thu 06-Aug-09 14:20:05

Well - where's the recipe?grin

ok will try to link the recipe if not will type it smile

sweetsimplebakesrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/jammy-doughnut-muffins.htmlthispage

flier Thu 06-Aug-09 14:37:51

sounds yummy; your link didn't work but here it is

Bumperslucious Thu 06-Aug-09 15:13:16

Thank you! Have book marked it

ah thanks for that flier I am not that good with links blush

Well I have only had 2, so not too bad. I am taking some to my sister and her dcs in a while so I am not tempted to eat any more.

flier Thu 06-Aug-09 17:22:50

I want to know how to make the lovely ones with pink icing on that page smile

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 06-Aug-09 17:27:30

shock they sound lovely I want some NOW!

You cannot let them go cold. Jam donuts are best warm and so are muffins, so I am guessing that both together, need eating immediately grin

flier I can't believe you said that about the pink icing ones. That is why I clicked on the link,but got distracted when I saw Doughnut. grin I have only just remembered about the pink one.
pavlov My dsis and kids loved them, only 2 left.
I was saving them for dh later when he gets in from work.....Or I could eat them and he would never know grin

flier Fri 07-Aug-09 07:43:03

no1putsbabyinthecorner smile did you manage to get the pink icing recipe yet? I think I'll try out the doughnut muffin today, although supposed to be making cakes and traybakes for DS' birthday party tomorrow hmm

flier not got the recipe yet, but did you make the muffins? what did you think?

Happy birthday to ds hope you have a wonderful day.

flier Mon 10-Aug-09 17:32:09

thanks no1, yes i did make the muffins and they were absolutely gorgeous! I also found out how to make decent cupcake icing on that site which I used for the birthday party and they were fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now