Talk

Advanced search

2 year old will only eat jarred food, not my homecooked, any ideas on how to tempt her?

(7 Posts)
mummytowillow Wed 05-Aug-09 22:23:12

My daughter (2) used to eat anything, all my own homecooked food but has now decided she will only eat C&G ready made stuff that is tasteless to me! I feel so guilty giving it to her but if I don't she won't eat!! hmmMost of the time she has a few mouthfuls and then refuses to eat the rest, to be honest I don't know where her energy comes from as she eats so little?

She is also tiny for her age, she only weighs 23lbs and I'm worried that the HV will have a go at me at her 2 year check! She is otherwise healthy, alert and a little treasure so maybe I'm wasting a good worry!

So any tips on what I can give her to 'fatten' her up or tempt her to eat my food?

I'm willing to try anything!

dietqueen Wed 05-Aug-09 22:41:12

make your own and put in the jar - bet it works

mumnanny1 Thu 06-Aug-09 09:22:49

I was going to say exactly the same as diet queen. Also have you tried letting her 'help' you make something? pizzas with smiley faces, that kind of thing. The novelty factor may mean that she willing to try something new.Big cook little cook on cbeebies may give you some ideas. Good luck.

CillySunt Thu 06-Aug-09 15:20:02

Can I ask how she went from eating homecooked food to jarred food? Have you tried blw?

mummytowillow Thu 06-Aug-09 20:15:45

I moved in with my parents and for ease used the dreaded ready meals whilst we settled down and I did some cooking, now she won't eat anything else!! wink

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 06-Aug-09 20:18:07

She will know it isn't the real jarred food. Kids aren't daft.

If you want her off jars, do it gradually if you can't do cold turkey.

What does she have for breakfast? If it is cereal offer your food or cereal for lunch, same for tea. She will get bored of just cereal and even if she doesn't for a while it has got to be better than the jarred stuff.

CillySunt Thu 06-Aug-09 21:41:31

I would go cold turkey but then I am a mean horrible mummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now