Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i have a marrow :: any ideas as to what to do with it?, clean ideas please, no bumsex!

(12 Posts)
lucykate Wed 05-Aug-09 21:30:21

need some recipe ideas

TheArmadillo Wed 05-Aug-09 21:31:22

put it in the compost heap? About the best thing you can do with a marrow wink

marrow jam is supposed to be really good.

VinoEsmeralda Wed 05-Aug-09 21:34:18

My thought too TheArmadillo (compost bin)

lucykate Wed 05-Aug-09 21:36:54

grin

marrow jam! <shudders>

dh is starting a diet, can i not just roast it, and plop the whole thing on his plate as a gourmet, vegetarian, low fat, tea??

Malkuth Wed 05-Aug-09 21:40:59

Stuff it and roast it. Can either cut it in half lengthwise or do rings. Chop it into inch chunks and cook with tin of tomatoes, onions etc.

Mind you I have had one for a week now and still failed to do that so just bunged 1/3 of it in the juicer with a load of carrots and ginger. Couldn't taste it but stretched the juice out.

Dozymare Wed 05-Aug-09 21:44:19

actually stuff with mice, onions, peppers (sort of like a bolagnaise) and bake in the oven - it's lovely I promise!

Malkuth Wed 05-Aug-09 21:45:19

Is that free range mice? wink

hairymelons Wed 05-Aug-09 21:49:49

Cut in to thinnish rounds, fry in olive oil then put tomato sauce and cheese on top and bake- voila, marrow au gratin!
Also make a nice souffle with ricotta or goats cheese, have recipes if you can be arsed.
Finally, marrow cake...take a carrot cake recipe and replace grated carrot with grated marrow. Might make the batter a bit wetter because more watery than carrot but just add less egg or cook for longer.
Marrows are much maligned but very versatile

lucykate Wed 05-Aug-09 22:34:07

so i can stuff it with mice and roast it?, won't they squeak a lot?? wink

marrow gratin sounds nice

Dozymare Thu 06-Aug-09 06:58:53

blush but grin at the same time!!

So did you try it then?!

lucykate Thu 06-Aug-09 11:09:36

mice were a bit wriggly and one pooed.

so going to do the gratin for tea instead grin

Malkuth Thu 06-Aug-09 20:11:16

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now