Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cake making question - if using fresh cream and strawberries...

(7 Posts)

in the middle of a victoria sponge, do I need to do something special with the cream or do you just literally whip it up then bung it in with the strawbs or do I need to add icing sugar to it or some other mysterious cake making trick I don't know?! Thanks.

FickleFairy Tue 04-Aug-09 18:56:19

I always leave it as it is but you can add icing sugar and a drop of vanilla essence to give it a different taste as an option.

How did it turn out anyway? I am guessing as we are now over two hours on from your post that you have finished it grin

alypaly Tue 04-Aug-09 19:00:16

you can put whatever u want in it, butter cream or real cream or a dash of kirsch or cointreau in the double cream with a spoonful of icing sugar to your own sweetness.

FickleFairy Tue 04-Aug-09 19:03:58

shock Did I say essence???? I meant extract I don't touch essence, it's food of the devil! smile

LOL, thanks! I have made the cake but it's for tomorrow so the cream is going in then. I think I'll just leave it plain if that will be ok, the strawberries are sweet smile

littleducks Tue 04-Aug-09 20:57:32

Fresh plain cream is nice but if you need it to stay fresh looking or it wont get finished the same day, a small amount of cream cheese and icing sugar make a firmer cream 'frosting' that wont seperate or make the cake go soggy

Thanks LittleDucks - I might get a bit of cream cheese and icing sugar too then, it's for MIL and although we'll eat some I doubt she'll finish it all off the same day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now