Talk

Advanced search

I would like to make a chicken and prawn curry.. any nice , easy recipes.....

(10 Posts)
LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 13:18:38

thanks x

LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 13:52:41

anyone?

LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 14:22:12

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

nellie12 Sun 02-Aug-09 14:34:43

well you said easy? pataks korma paste can either be used to marinate before hand or added during cooking. I follow the recipe on the back and add coconut milk if I remember to buy it and serve with vegetable rice. - you did say easy!

LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 14:37:39

thanks.. i don;t have korma paste in.. but i should get some

i have various curry spices etc.but not made a curry for aaaaaaaaaaaages

mariamerryweather Sun 02-Aug-09 14:47:59

Hello - we're having a chicken curry tonight using the leftovers from yesterday's roast - am going to pound cumin, coriander and mustard seeds, heat them with chillies, grated ginger and chopped onion, whack in some garlic, turmeric, chopped tomatoes, curry leaves and salt, allow to simmer for a bit before adding coconut milk and letting it simmer for 30 mins or so - will then add chicken to warm through - you could add cooked prawns though? And if you've got raw chicken you'll want to brown it first separately and let it cook in the sauce for 30 mins?

Can't vouch for this recipe but HTH.

LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 14:51:07

that sounds quite good.. don;t have all those bits and bobs. thanks very much

mariamerryweather Sun 02-Aug-09 14:57:44

Sorry, got a bit carried away there (!) you can probably leave bits out (eg turmeric is only for colour and curry leaves can't be essential) / replace the base spices with those that you do have - I might use stock instead of the coconut milk etc. Hope you enjoy your meal.

LuluMaman Sun 02-Aug-09 16:54:48

thasnk maria

what i have done is this:

onions and garlic fried with oil and then turmeric

then added some corainder seed and leaf, cumin and cardoman and then fried off the chicken

then added onions back in and then added chopped tomatoes, chick peas and some chicken stock

added some mild chilli powder and curry powder and a bit more turmeric

it is simmering away and tastes delish !

i think i just needed a bit of basic curry instruction ... got my curry mojo going on now grin

mariamerryweather Sun 02-Aug-09 17:34:34

Pleased to hear it (re the mojo) - that sounds lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now